The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Cal State East Bay (CSUEB), also known as SCHOLAR-OLLI, provides a learning environment for mature learners which fosters creativity, self-discovery and peer education.
OLLI at CSUEB provides opportunities for intellectual stimulation and learning to mature students (50+) in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, with programs offered in Alameda, Concord, Danville, Oakland, Pleasanton and Walnut Creek. We feature low-cost membership (only $40.00 per person/per year), exciting and challenging lectures, courses and field trips in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, all presented by Cal State East Bay emeritus faculty and other distinguished educators.
Online registration for Winter 2018 will open mid-December.
Examples of our programs include:
- A Course about Food and Culture: Part 1
- A Lecture about the Symphony of the Soil
- A Field Course to the Black Diamond Mine
- A Course about Four Classic Philosophical Problems
October 23, 2017
Price for Members: $48 Price for Non-Members: $66 Date/Time: Mondays, October 23; *November 6 & *20; *December 4, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Instructor: Thomas Padron Location: Concord Campus
October 30, 2017
Price for Members: $60 Price for Non-Members: $84 Date/Time: Mondays, October 30; November 6, 13, 20 & 27, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Instructor: Larry Prud’homme Location: Concord Campus
OLLI AT CSUEB is sponsored by:
- The Bernard Osher Foundation
- The California State University, East Bay, Concord Campus
- The California State University Division of Continuing and International Education – Extension
- The California State University, East Bay, Educational Foundation
- Your memberships and your donations