The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Cal State East Bay invites Course Proposals throughout the academic year.
We are seeking course proposals in the following subject areas:
- World Cultures
- Contemporary Issues/Popular Culture
- Social & Political History
Academic Terms for the OLLI Program
- Fall – mid-September through mid-December
- Winter – mid-January through April
- Spring/Summer – mid-May through August
OLLI courses are three to five weeks in length, and are offered in two time slots – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on the Concord Campus of CSU East Bay. Start dates are flexible. The Concord Campus is open Monday through Thursday. (Typically there are no classes on University breaks and holidays.)
Currently, most OLLI courses are being offered online with the exception of a select few field courses that follow CDC guidelines.
OLLI brings together experienced and engaging professionals/experts in their field with a vibrant group of learners for courses and or lectures in two possible formats—
A single lecture = (90 minutes) on the Concord Campus or at one of our off-site locations
A course = 2 hour sessions meeting once a week for a 3 to 5 week period
Submission dates for the above terms
- Fall – scheduling begins May and is finalized in June.
- Winter – scheduling begins in July/August and is finalized in September.
- Spring/Summer – scheduling begins in December and is finalized in February
Courses have no homework or tests, and the most successful courses are those which are interactive, unique and offer a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the subject matter.
Course selection is based upon the following criteria
- The offering is academic in nature
- The course is not already well-served in the community
- The course explores a topic that is of interest to OLLI membership
Instructor stipend for a course = $77.00/course hour
Instructor stipend for a one- time 90 minute lecture = $140.00
If you would like to share your expertise and time with us, we’d love to hear from you. Submit proposals as an email attachment – (PDF) to email@example.com or fill out the form below. Note that all fields with * are required to submit your proposal. If you do not get a confirmation message, please double check that you have completed all required fields. If you are unsure how to answer a question please provide an answer that is most appropriate and tell us more in the comments section. We look forward to receiving your proposal. Thank you.